Wouldn’t it feel amazing if your curtains opened automatically when the sun rises? Or if you could pay a substantial amount irrespective of how much electricity you use? Smart Home is a way in which you can achieve both of these things and much more. You may have heard of smart homes, and as the name suggests, these homes are really smart as they work based on home automation. Equipped with various features such as auto appliance controls, smart security systems, low consumption of energy etc. Let’s dive right into the world of Smart Homes!
Advantages of Home Automation :
A single entity is used to control almost everything at your smart home using home automation. Hence, you can execute anything at the push of a button. Isn’t that more convenient than having to run to different parts of the house to close all the windows at the time of a thunderstorm?
Below are some benefits of smart homes
- Convenience: Order your smart TV to play your favorite TV series or watch the light switch off automatically when you leave the room. After you get used to home automation, you will be able to feel how convenient it is.
- Conserve Energy: Thanks to motion sensors, it is now possible to finally save energy. You don’t have to remember turning off any appliance coz your smart home does it for you.
- Safer: With all the controls in your hands, smart homes are better than any other security device. Get a notification anytime there is a movement in or near your home when you are on holiday, and act immediately. You can do that now with the help of home automation.
- Easy Customization: Based on your requirements, you can choose to automate your appliances, or systems, or security, or everything at the same time. Also, enable, or disable any integration because you can customize your smart home in any way you want to at any point in time.
Ways To Control The Smart Home :
There are so many smart ways to control home automation. Below are few of the methods by which you can enable, disable any function related to your smart home.
1. Touch Panel: Instead of manual switches, a home automation is equipped with a touch panel via which you can switch on or switch off any electric appliance.
2. Scheduling: With this feature, the smart home owner is able to schedule specific time for the curtains to open, alarm to ring, etc. And all such functions occur automatically as scheduled.
3. Remote: Via a single remotecontrolyou will be able to control the entire functions that your home is equipped with. Place it on the sofa handle, or in the bathroom touch panel, it is used to make your life easier.
4. Voice control: Introducing voice control in the form of Alexa/Google home. Now you can command the device to perform any specific function such as playing a specific song, to switch on the fan, to close the curtains etc.
5. Mobile App: This is one of the best features, where you can take charge of the entire smart home from miles away. Just install the app in your mobile, and you are good to go.
6. 2 Way Keypad: If you are in your bedroom and you suddenly remember you forgot to switch off the fan in living room, will you go to living room to switch off the fan? No, if you have 2 way keypad function in you smart home and now you can switch off the fan of living room from you bedroom touch panel. 2 way keypad function gives you acces to all kaypads by connecting all the keypads with each other.
7. Proximity Sensor (Gesture Control): Smart homes have this feature so that energy can be saved to the fullest. A proximity sensor is intalled in the remote or touch panel. When it detects the user at the mentioned proximity, it performs the function it is programmed to perform.
8. Motion Sensors: Similar to proximity sensors, motion sensors are used to auto open and close doors. When the sensors detect a motion, the controllers execute the program.
What Does Home Automation Include?
Since the controls are always in your hands in the form of remote control, home automation includes maintaining everything in your home even when you are miles away. Home automation refers to the integration of software and hardware of home appliances and security systems. An active internet network controls the integration at the press of a button. Composed of controllers, sensors, and actuators, smart homes enable you to have total security control of your house even when you aren’t there.
- Sensors – With the help of sensors, you don’t need to worry about switching off the light every time you leave the room. Since it includes motion, temperature, the lights turn on and off depending on all three factors. You can also enable or disable the same manually due to controllers, which we will discuss below.
- Controllers – it is always safe to remain updated about the used energy. Controllers enable you to do just that. In case you left the lights manually switched on, the controller allows you to turn it off from a faraway distance. Connected to your PC, smartphone, and tablets, you will never miss an update regarding security, as well as the energy consumption of your smart home.
- Actuators – Actuators are the system that allows the controller to execute the command. Present in the form of switches, motorized valves, and motors, these devices are programmed to function as per the given command.
Smart Plug: A small adapter, connected with either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, plugged into an electrical wall outlet is known as a smart plug. The smart plugs are affordable as they are available at a low cost. With a mobile app associated with a smart plug, you can automate and control all appliances in your home easily. While turning your home into a smart home, the app can even track energy consumption. Smart plugs not only manage energy-efficient appliances but also saves electricity bills.
IOT: iot (Internet of Things) helps to coordinate smart home systems and appliances together based on your preferences. It not only provides Internet access to all the appliances but also let you automate actions. This way, all processes can be monitored and you can get better insights into all household work. With cost and energy savings, it ensures better security by connecting all gadgets and appliances. So, while enjoying your comfort, you also contribute to a “greener” environment.
Smart security system: It’s a common occurrence to either forget the main door of your house or lock all the windows and even get locked outside of your own house. A smart home solves all of these problems too. Since your security systems are connected to your Wi-Fi, you can enable or disable the fire alarms, get a trigger on your phone immediately in case of a break-in, and much more. Some of the best smart security and safety systems that you can install at your smart home are – Fire detectors & stabilizers, Smart home security system, Window and door sensors, Smart security cameras, Interactive alarms etc.
Since most people today use their mobile devices to control and manage their lives, most smart home companies have adapted and now offer smart home mobile apps that you can install in your phone. They also have sleek, simple, and lightweight touchpads that are dedicated to controlling your home. Smart homes and home automation go hand in hand with energy conservation and convenience. Adapt to the smarter way of life!
Get in touch with us!
Purpledesk – Interior designer (Mumbai)
+91 86000 99225